Tuesday, March 11, 2014

A day at the beach




I have not been to the CT or RI beach ever in the winter.... How can that be in 45 years, I have not done this?  When I was younger, I spent a lot of time sitting on the beach.  My parents took us camping in RI all the time and we spent a lot of time playing in the ocean.  As a teenager and my early 20's I also spent a lot of time baking my skin to the point of a sunburn.  I was scolded yesterday at my annual checkup at the Dr for doing this and warned not to do it any more.  Guilty as charged..... I still sit in the sun at the NY house lake.  I do miss the ocean though and it was quite fun to go there when it was not crowded except for the gulls.

2 comments:

Priscilla said...

One of those gulls looks a little ragged. Tired of winter, is he? Me too.

The beach in winter has lots of flotsum and jetsam treasures to find.

Biddie said...

Great pictures! I haven't been to the beach (summer or winter) since I moved from the Galveston area 12 years ago ~~ I'm only about 40 miles from the coast but I don't like the crowds on the beaches here. Where I lived on the Bolivar Peninsular in TX there were hardly any people that made their way there. My dogs always loved running on the beach.

Blog Archive