Monday, August 18, 2014

Adirondack NY Weekend

I have such trouble blogging from work so I'm sorry I just use my cell phone and the pictures are not such great quality.

This past weekend I went to our place in NY with my friend Teri.  We have been there a few times this year so far and spent vacation there again.  We've go the house for sale actually but it doesn't seem to be selling with the realtor so Ray and I decided I will try to sell it myself.  Teri and I spent a good amount of time cleaning and taking pictures which I will post at a later date.  Somehow I have to figure out a web page or marketing plan to get this house sold. 

We just don't use it like we used too.  The kids are all busy and we sold all the water toys we had so there isn't much to do.  Well I find plenty to do and just sitting my fanny down to read a book is just fine with me.

We have also found a lot of hiking trails that we never did before, probably because we were always at the lake.  My cousin owned a lakefront lot that we kept a dock and boat at but he sold it so that's another reason we got rid of the water toys.

Any how.... here are a few pics from Blue Mountain Lake and the Adirondack Animal Museum

4 comments:

Biddie said...

I had good luck selling my 50 acres over in TX a couple years ago by doing the following.

First ~~ I set up a real estate ad on eBay with a writeup, picture and a little map.

Then I put ads in 2 newspapers (one in Houston and one in Austin). The ads were short with minimal info that included undeveloped land, the price and a link to the eBay ad for more info.

I had several inquiries and 2 that went out to look at the land ~~ it was sold within 3 weeks.

Maybe something like this might be useful to you. Good luck!!

Kristen said...

Wow you sold that fast! I think I can do it myself. I took some very clever pictures with my wide angle lens and we moved any clutter so it was very neat and clean. I'll send you the info when I get it all put together.

Thanks for the advice!!

Kristen said...

Were you near Austin? We just went there in June

Biddie said...

Coyote Run was about equidistant from 3 large cities ~~ Houston, Austin and San Antonio.

I'd be interested in hearing if you decide to put a real estate ad in eBay.

Blog Archive