Monday, January 14, 2008

:(:(:(

I broke my laptop :( I should never have cleaned.... something fell off the shelf and landed on my keyboard which then made it start clicking like a clock... next thing I know it says something like can't find operating system. I have been told I broke my hard drive and lost everything. oh boo hoo, I feel like I murdered my best friend
So anyhow here I am at work on this snowy morning, sad and lonely without my friend.... I am going to get it fixed and until the geeks take a look I do not know for sure if I lost everything but we'll see.

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

Oh that's horrible...I'm sorry :(.

Biddie said...

Bummer!! I really feel for you! Three days ago something happened to my laptop also - I have no idea what caused it.

I normally turn it on in the morning, do my thing, then put it into hibernation if I know that I'm coming back to it within a hour or so - otherwise I thurn it off and unplug it.

So this morning, expecting to be back after I fed the animals, I just put it into hibernation.

When I came back, it was locked up and wouldn't respond to the wake-up key or any other key. I could hear the disk drive spinning like crazy. I didn't know what to do. I unplugged it, hoping when the battery ran down, it would stop ok.

Sure enough, a little over an hour later, the battery ran down and the drive was quiet.

After letting it cool down, I held my breath while I plugged it back in and turned it on. It worked just as it should with no lingering after effects that I could see.

I sure understand your feeling about the loss of stuff - I have code for my Auction Pro! software, blog pictures, tax records, etc. that would have been a real problem if I lost them. I hadn't taken a backup in weeks so I immediately took one on the portable external disk drive that I use to take backups.

I sure hope that you will be able to recover your stuff .....

Blog Archive