Wednesday, April 8, 2009

I placed an order with BlueStone Perennials yesterday

This is what I got for $99 plus $11 shipping , a preplanned garden with a map and directions so I will put things where they belong! It fills an area of 5' x 30'

The layout includes:

1 Phlox David
3 Boltonia Snowbank
3 Gloriosa Daisy
1 Coreopsis Verticillata
3 Echinacea White Swan
1 Echinops Ritro
3 Aster Alma Potschke
1 Kniphofia Flamenco
3 Rudbeckia Goldsturm
3 Achillea Coronation Gold
3 Armeria Dusseldorf Pride
3 Aster Bluebird
1 Liatris Kobold
3 Shasta Daisy Alaska
3 Scabiosa Butterfly Blue
3 Sedum Autumn Joy
3 Viola Purple Showers
3 Aster Wood's Blue
3 Campanula Blue Clips
3 Heuchera Bressingham
3 Gaillardia Goblin
3 Solidago Golden Fleece
1 Nepeta Walker's Low
3 Veronica Giles van Hees

6 comments:

Biddie said...

Wow - you have taken on quite a project. I have always wondered how those little garden kits would do .... good luck with it - I can't wait to see the results.

Cheryl said...

I have 12 of those plants (or varieties of them) in my garden. That was a great deal you found. I can't wait to see the finished garden.

I have a great pair of loppers that Dave got for me if you need to trim some of the branches out from that spot by the road. I'm not sure how much sun you get there, so if you do need to open it up some let me know.

Kristen said...

I took some pictures this morning of the garden I am going to put these in, I may have to cut some branches, I was going to wait until they got leaves so I could see how much shade I was getting. Is that a bad idea? I'll get those pictures up and you can advise me Thanks! CHeryl

Cheryl said...

Nope, not a bad idea at all. Besides that the sunlight amount changes through the season, and you can always move the plants later :)

Priscilla said...

Nepeta, isn't that catmint? Hope they don't roll in your new garden.

Madeleine said...

Oh yeah Priscilla, that happened to me. Whiskers's son was eating out of out catnip like it was a bowl. He ate it down to the roots

Blog Archive