Saturday, February 23, 2008

My Kitchen junk collection



Kevin is cleaning out his dads house, he gave me the Marlin Blades and the Fire ball. Strange things they came up with back in the day. A ball filled with some kind of liquid that you attached to the Christmas tree in case it caught fire, the ball would explode and put out the fire. There is a coupon inside the box offering $1000 if it does not work and your home is damaged. It was sold in 1952-53 and you must put in your claim during a certain time frame or you don't get your $1000
Kevin also gave me the Chickencock wisky, he got in in a box of bottles he got from some old guy
I got the scale from Ray's brother, Dave. Yes me and Ray both have brothers named Dave, it made it easy for us both to remember each others brothers names in the very beginning!!
I got the Edison record from an antique store we went to once. It still had the piano thing in there but it was broken to pieces
My Mom gave me the Macfarlane Buiscuit box she found it somewhere in the barn I guess

5 comments:

Cheryl said...

That's a cool collection! Would you like a couple more wax records? Let me know...

Kristen said...

You have old wax records??? I love anything old and vintage, surely I'll take if you don't want them. By the way what color would you like your Martin house and do you want it to go outside???

Cheryl said...

I have a lot of them, I'll bring over some to you. I'll paint the Martin house, so don't worry about that, and I want to put it outside on a pole in my garden. Thanks so much for making me one!!!

Biddie said...

I love old stuff like this but I hate dusting it all ....

Kristen said...

I hired someone to clean the house. Since we both work and can afford it for now, I don't do it!!

Blog Archive