Thursday, January 22, 2009

Our town....blink and you miss it.


Our only place of business left in town and they aren't doing too well either. Cheryl and Maureen have both worked here, Those were the days huh girls!!

We have 3 Churches, this is the center Congregational, There is another in West Hartland and then we have a Lutheran down the road by my house (I grew up going in the Lutheran Church)

This is our little post office in East Hartland. They closed the West Hartland PO and now they have to go to Riverton, CT to get mail or have street delivery

This is our new million dollar town hall. I am not sure how much it ended up costing. They built this a few years back with big arguments from the town folk, it was a lot of money for a small town AND they had to build the new one around the old one because of the fire proof vault that kept all the important records

This is our firehouse, all volunteer, and they are great people for helping us out for fires and emergencies

And here we have our school, it is Kindergarten to 8th grade, approximately 275 kids I guess now. This was another costly item for our town but we won a Blue Ribbon Award a while back

It's nice to go there and you know practically all the teachers, kids and parents

6 comments:

Biddie said...

The restaurant has been gussied up since I last saw it some years ago.

How far do you have to go to get your mail?

Kristen said...

I just figured out I spelled restaurant wrong in my first post, I have such trouble with that word!! I wouldn't say the Old Coach and Four is gussied up, go inside and you may change your opinion, it's gone down hill, they do not keep it very clean and it had fruit flies, etc etc. I hardly go there any more, I miss the way it was
My mail is about 3/4 mile from our house. We don't live far from the center, well that's what we call the center, where the PO , school and rest. is. We used to have a store, remember?

Cheryl said...

The restaurant actually looks pretty seedy. I had helped them with landscaping a few years but gave up after they wouldn't even weed the flower bed.

I miss the way it was as well.

Madeleine said...

The chruch looks really nice...I want to go to a church like that and not one that looks like a house

Kristen said...

Madeleine you go to a Church house?

Madeleine said...

Yeah, kind of..I think!

Blog Archive