Sunday, January 25, 2009

Snowmobiling in NY


Indian Lake, NY, 14 miles long

Justin, Greg and Nick..... Justin and Nick are my twin nephews, 18 years old, they have been riding since they were old enough to walk

Me & Ray

Carmen, Me and Sarah (Nick's girlfriend)

Indian Lake again

Ray and our friend Jeremiah, he lives in Manhattan and comes up to Speculator on the weekends to his families camp, this was his first time riding, he did a great job and Had a blast!

A new sign on the trail.... good to know!!

We heard the fire siren going off and my nephew said a snowmobile had caught on fire at the gas station which is right by our house

So they came to the rescue

And this is what was left of it! Hope he had insurance!!

6 comments:

Biddie said...

Fantastic getaway weekend! The cell phone sign was fascinating - like the emergency phones stationed aong the highways ....

The burned out snow mobile was something else - wonder if the guy was smoking and refueling at the same time -or- spilled some gas on a hot exhaust pipe? Hope your house was okay!!!!!

Kristen said...

Hi Biddie
Our house is across the street, so nothing was burned except his snow machine. I heard it was fairly new too, A malfunction is most likely to blame, I think he was coming in from riding on a trail in the woods, we saw some evidence when we left that looked like he started spewing some fuel or something before he got out of the woods. Not completely sure but that's what it looked like

Biddie said...

You folks are sure a hardy bunch!!!

Cheryl said...

I sure miss snowmobiling!!
I used to do 360's on Dad's sled. I even barrel rolled it a few times lol. Oh the good old days when I was young and made out of rubber!

It's probably for the better I don't have a sled anymore...I don't bounce as good as I used to!

Madeleine said...

Wow..I'm still jealous. I want to go to New York sooo bad! I love it there.

Kristen said...

Rubber Girl, you can come to NY too! It sure was cold though, not what I like to ride in, this morning all the boys went out, I stayed home, they came back and said the riding was terrible and I made the right choice, I was kind of glad to hear that.

Blog Archive