Saturday, February 28, 2009

Beantown


This is my mom

My two sisters

My cousin Wendy, 4th from the right, we went to Boston today for her mothers funeral

Paul Revere is buried here



This was on the way home in MA, I just thought it was fun


My Dad's first cousin's wife died which is why we went to Boston for a funeral. It's about a 2 hour ride from home so my sisters and my Mom all went today. It was sad but fun during the service. There were friends and family sharing memories and we laughed and cried. Do you ever wonder what people will say about you after you are gone, ie at your funeral service? I was kind of sad that I didn't get to know her as well as I should have. I spent a lot of time with the family when I was younger but not at all as an adult. My father always talked on the phone or they would visit with each other quite often as he did with a lot of our relatives. We don't do that any more... no time... no desire.... too much to do...... etc. We need to make the time before we won't be able to any more.

3 comments:

Biddie said...

Good Morning, Kristen ... sorry to read about your cousin's Mom passing.

Your musing about not being able to spend time with those that you love was very touching - it brought tears to my eyes - I feel the same about my mother and my brother that have both passed - I never got to spend time with them when we weren't fighting our own personal dragons.

In the group picture, I loved the little girl in the first row that was holding up her doll ...

And your dark haired sister looks like she has gypsy blood in her with her high cheekbones and her deep set eyes - you resemble her more than your blond sister.

Kristen said...

Hi Biddie
The pastor yesterday said, I don't know what it is about you New Englanders and Norwegians but you don't ever like to show emotions, how true that was. I hardly ever cry and if I do, I don't like people to see me do it. Not sure why either but I should try and get past that.

The little girl is my cousin Wendy's daughter, she has 3 girls and 1 boy, the little baby is her last one!
I am always told my big sister and I look alike and so do I look like David, if he was a girl you could probably see it more! Sorry Cheryl, hee hee
We tell my blond sister she was the milkman kid!!

Madeleine said...

Sigh...sorry for your cousins mom! I'm so sorry...I hope everything is okay.

Cool-Paul Revere! I read about him in History. :D

Blog Archive