Sunday, November 15, 2009

Blah...



I live in my Granny's old house, she used to have a clothesline from the deck to this tree. As you can see the tree has grown around her old line wheel. I would like to have a clotheslines put back up there someday, it's so nice to put on clothes that have been dried in the fresh breeze

Ray cut up some more wood, the stacked piles came from last Decembers storm that wiped out a lot of our trees. My newphew Tyler stacked some of this for us

A little near the door so when the snow comes we don't have to go through 2 feet of it to get wood

The yard is just plain old blah right now, I agree with Cheryl, there isn't much to write about these days

The seedum have little baby sprouts coming up already

2 comments:

Biddie said...

I love how old trees can hold memories of the lives of people that lived there years before ....

When I first moved here, I found nails partially buried in trees that had been used for clothes lines and chains that had been used for swings. I found one chain that must have been used for lifting motors. I cut them all out just outside the bark line as much as I could without hurting the bark. I figured that the tree had successfully managed to handle the foreign material so far - no need to challenge it further.

Your clothesline wheel is certainly unique and more specifically linked to your grandmother than the nails and chains I found were linked to any specific person - are you going to leave it?

What an amazing pile of wood - good idea of putting a not-so-small stack of it by the door - are you going to cover it to help keep it dry?

Priscilla said...

That's an interesting series of "nothings".

Other people's lives are interesting even when the person concerned says blah.

Blog Archive