Thursday, February 24, 2011

Captcha?

So just the other day I uploaded pictures to my blog with my new Droid cell phone.  Today I went to do the same and I got an error - CAPTCHA required.  With a browser, go to http://www.blooger.com/ and log in with the same credentials to get rid of the CAPTCHA requirement.

So I can't figure out how to do this.  Where is it?  I can't find it any where and why a couple days later after I used to be able to upload with my phone now I can't?  I searched the internet and I got some stuff but it was from 2009 and 2010.  Nothing new about this problem and no one had any solutions that I could find.

6 comments:

Priscilla said...

Have you run your virus detection programs recently?

Cheryl said...

I wish I could be of some help, but I have no clue, sorry :(

Biddie said...

Hi -- I did find a reference to the problem in a blogger help article. Apparently there is a limit as to how many email posts in a given period of time as allowed by blogger. I also suspect that there might be a limit to picture data amounts also. These things are heavy resource requirements on blogger - especially since they are free - so far ....

For email posts without pictures, it seems that the captcha will be reset in about a day - again, no mention when dealing with pictures.

I found this link::
http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/blogger/thread?tid=4ba296da27d64977&hl=en

Hope this helps explain more detail about the captcha and possibly resetting it sooner than 24 hours if needed.

Biddie said...

P.S. be sure to read the comment by "beantownscoop" under BEST ANSWERS.

Kristen said...

Thanks Biddie!! I didn't have a ton of time to look today but what I did find was not helping me! I last uploaded on Monday so why today on Thursday would it be a problem?

Biddie said...

The pictures that you are uploading directly from your phone are actually a great deal larger than they appear on your blog - they require a lot of data bits to transmit - a lot more than a simple email with only words. That's why I think that blogger has a limit on picture data transmission that is separate from the limit on simple email posts within a 24 hour period. And I think that their reset time is greater than 24 hours for data.

As the help link pointed out, all this is not explained by blogger. AND "captcha" is a strange word that doesn't help understand this policy at all.

Blog Archive