Saturday, December 13, 2008

Phew, we finally got power...


This is June Shew's pond, I just love her property, Ray took me for a drive yesterday afternoon to look at the mess the storm did

This is our front yard, Ray said he was up all night listening to tree's falling, it sounded like someone was shooting guns off and then a huge crashing noise. I sleep with ear plugs due to his snoring, so I didn't hear a thing.

Another shot of our front yard

The back yard, I lost my favorite tree

Sun setting yesterday afternoon, the clouds were moving in warp speed last night

A road just barely passable

It doesn't look like you could make it but we drove through


Crew's are all over the place trying to restore power to us.

My sister Lois lives right near this pole

My favorite tree is gone :(


This is the road we live on, you couldn't get in or out

11 comments:

Biddie said...

What a mess! I don't think that I ever experienced such a devastating ice storm in the 30 some years that I lived up north.

Sorry about your favorite tree snapping - maybe it can come back in the Spring.

Love the picture of the pond!!

Cheryl said...

You took some fantastic pictures. The first one is gorgeous!! Glad you are back online, I've missed you :)

You guys got really hit hard! I couldn't believe it when I drove through East H. today.

Once again, beautiful pictures!!

Cheryl said...

I have to say it again, that shot of June's pond is lovely. That is a National Geographic picture!!

Can I save a copy?

Kristen said...

That is my favorite picture too, I have it as my screen back ground, you can have a copy too, I'm glad I took it when I did, I think the sun setting and the lighting was just right!
Biddie, that tree is history, it can't grow back the way it broke off

Biddie said...

Probably it will sprout out some small branches from the base in the Spring - I know that it will look like h@!! for a while.... the root system is still good so the tree will try to put out new branches. You seem to like your yard very tidy but if you can give it a chance before you cut it down, it might surprise you.

Madeleine said...

Wow!

Too bad the tree can't grow back. Maybe you could plant some seeds?

I like the pond picture too! :)

Lori said...

I liked the pond picture so much I saved it as my screen background! Thanks for the beautiful picture.

Priscilla said...

You folks really had a lot of damage. What a pity about your favorite tree! It looked like a birch. Maybe you can cut it up into logs and use them decoratively, or use the wod for a project. The pond pic was great. I would have sliced off some of the left side so the triangle of land ended in about the middle. Still, it's great as is.

Kristen said...

Thanks Lori I am glad you liked it. Priscilla I took a few of the pond, I think the island you mean is really the ladies yard, It's not a very big pond and from what I hear it was hand dug a long time ago, her house is one of the oldest in town, I went there last year and got to go inside, I was amazed!!

Countryfolk Keepsakes said...

Holy smokes!! Boy, you were hit hard! As frightening as it is, it truly is beautiful! :> )
~Karin

Kristen said...

Hey Karin
We were hit harder than I ever remember in my almost 40 years of living here!!! How about you? Did you see any of this where you live?

Blog Archive