Thursday, December 17, 2009

Santa's workshop, part one


Well here is my "faux" tree, yep I bit the bullet last year and got me a fake tree, I know I know, I thought I would NEVER do that. I am a country girl, live in the boonies, we don't get fake trees up here where I live! But on the other hand, who comes over to see it? Who has to go get it? Pay $50+ for it, decorate it? clean up the mess, water it? ME! So this is the second year I have had it, well worth the $70 I paid and it came pre lit!! It comes in three parts, takes 10 minutes to put together and I hear no complaining!! So there is my reasoning

These are called Punch Rug, kind of like punch needle but bigger and not exactly the same as rug hooking because you do it from behind and your pattern is backwards, which explains why my flag is wrong, after I made the whole thing I realized I made it backwards, Oh well, that is a special one of a kind gift for someone!!

More punch rug, the star is going to be put on a little foot stool as a decoration, I saw this in a magazine I buy and the tree is a chair pad decoration

And here we have the giant chicken! I know he is a rooster but I keep calling him a chicken, my friend wants this sign for her son for Christmas, he is selling eggs with his chicken farm he started at 15 years old, he is quite the business man, his name will be arched at the top and the bottom have some rocks and water as you may be able to see from the picture at top, that is his logo he made up, this is going to be hung up on his big red barn. I have to finish it up this weekend so I can get some poly on it since it will be outside in the elements

9 comments:

Biddie said...

I'm with you on the synthetic Christmas trees --- I had one for many years while I was still living in TX - the only nuisance about them is the storage space that they take up for the other part of the year!!

Love your rugs and the chicken/rooster sign - when I find the right 'possum' logo to combine with a strand of wisteria, I'm going to commission you to paint me a sign for here!! You just might find yourself a little business there.

Cheryl said...

When I do set a tree up again, I'm thinking of getting a fake one as well...they don't look bad at all and are much kinder to the living ones! I hate cleaning up all the fallen needles too, they always clog up the vacuum cleaner.

Yours looks very pretty :)

I like the tree chair pad especially, and the chicken sign. If I end up getting that chicken shack next spring maybe I'll hit you up to help design a sign for it, if you don't mind.

Have fun at the Christmas party tonight :)

Cheryl said...

I didn't see Mom's post til after mine published...looks like you'll have a business with just all of us :)

Kristen said...

well you girls are going to keep me busy!! Thanks for the comments, I hope the kid likes the sign when it's all done. I should have it finished up soon and I'll post another picture.

Storage for the tree is a pain but I put it back in it's box and it goes in the basement right where I know I can find it!

Priscilla said...

What a talented lady you are. But that sweater (1st pic) really did shrink!

Lori said...

I just bought a punch needle kit just to start of with. Where do you buy the wool and whatever else you need for the punch rug? I'm guessing you don't use floss like you can use with the needle kit.

Kristen said...

Ha ha Priscilla, I wondered who would see that little sweater!!

Lori, rug punch is basically the same as punch needle but you use yarn and a bigger needle, I could only find the needle at Joannes Fabric but there are expensive ones for $40 on the internet, I paid $8 I think, any how , you use yarn, it's easier than punch needle I think

Priscilla said...

But it might be just right for your House Elf (if you have one).

Didn't you get much snow?

Madeleine said...

Hello :)
Thought I'd let you know that my address has been changed.

madeleinesblog1.blogspot.com

Blog Archive