Saturday, December 5, 2009

He's been framed!!



This is Jethro sleeping on my spare bed just a few minutes ago. Excuse me for not making it, Ray has been sick and I have been sleeping here for the last 2 nights, but back to the real story here. Jethro gets blamed for lots of things out in the neighborhood and I keep saying he has a twin out there that is doing this stuff and no one believes me




Well I caught him in the act, spraying our trailer. That dirty scumbag, I looked out my window and he was up on the deck scratching the post!!! So then he ran down the stairs and backed up and sprayed all over the trailer, last week I saw him doing it to our shed but I never had my camera in hand to get proof

Now I don't know who he belongs to but I have to figure out how to get him to stop spraying all over my yard, no wonder I don't get any birds any more, his scent is probably scaring them away, I heard that sprinkling red hot pepper around will help, any other suggestions??

5 comments:

Cheryl said...

Oh that's funny! Well, not for you...but at least you've cleared Jethro's name. I don't know about spraying, maybe Mom will have some suggestions.
Did Ray have the flu?

Madeleine said...

Wow!!
I'm not sure how you can stop him.. animal control??

Priscilla said...

Oh, that is too bad. He won't stop doing that as long as he's allowed to roam. His owner needs to have him fixed. Could you call all your neighbors to find out whose it is? Other people probably know where he lives.

Kristen said...

I am not sure who he belongs to, it may be a family that isn't one of our friendly neighbors but I'll ask around. I see him all the time, he runs through here and usually has a dead chipmunk or something in his mouth. He must know there are 2 boys living here and is marking his territory, it's not even his!! Madeleine we have animal control but I doubt they will do anything about this guy, I'll get him with pepper or something sprinkled around my yard and hope he gets the hint!

Ray was just sick Cheryl, but between his snoring, snorting, coughing, etc I thought I would get a better nights sleep in the other room and not catch whatever he has, men are dying when they are sick you know?

Biddie said...

Hey - I like your new Christmas background!!

Territorial spraying is such a deep instinct for cats that it is hard to stop - even with neutering! But if they are neutered and still spray, it doesn't smell as bad ....

The best thing is to try to find who owns the cat and somehow suggest that they have him neutered and try to keep him home (good luck on that!).

I have even gone to the trouble of catching other people's cats and quietly taking them to be neutered or fixed - paying for the operations myself - without telling the owners what I did.

The only other things I could suggest:
1. put a big brightly-colored collar on Jethro so that the neighbors can tell them apart.
2. turn your water hose on him with the nozzle set on the jet setting - I've found that this can sure discourage cats from coming around.

Blog Archive