Friday, April 23, 2010

TGIF!


This is the white bleeding heart, getting bigger every day

We used to have a big lilac but it was in the shade so it never got any flowers on it. We ended up cutting it down because it was just a big old mess. I saved a couple sprigs of it and planted over where we had a tree cut down and ground up. They sure do take a long time to grow big and get flowers. I think I moved this about 6 years ago.

This is where I planted all those plants I got from Bluestone Perennials last year, the stupid hosta's are taking over again. Cheryl took a bunch one year and I keep digging them up and moving but here they are over taking again

Hi Jethro! Sunning himself listening to the birds singing, we are getting such nice weather lately

Harley didn't feel like posing and gave me the cold shoulder

Something is still living under the shed. We had mulch put down and covered up the hole, who ever lives there pushed out the rocks again

The sunflower seeds are doing pretty good, I put them out on the deck with a good soaking of water every morning to get sun. When I get home they are bone dry so I water again and take them inside for the night.
Tomorrow I am going to get some more trays and zinnia seeds. I read they are pretty easy to grow and come in lots of different varieties

5 comments:

Jennifer MacNeill said...

Love seeing your garden and kitties. I find zinnias are easy to directly sow into the ground. I planted a bunch mid April and they are already coming up. Cosmos and marigolds are easy too.

Cheryl said...

Do you think it's the raccoon family living under your shed again?

Those hostas are tough!! I couldn't believe how hard they were to dig up, lol.

Biddie said...

Your cats are sure soaking up that sun - they waited through a long cold winter to catch those fine rays!

It was really something that you were able to re-establish the lilac - do you know how long it had been on the property?

I've discovered that hostas are tougher than you would think - I have a couple that I put in pots several years ago and they are doing fine with minimum care.

Didn't you get a game camera? It would be fun to set it up by the hole to see what kind of critter is determined to live there.

Biddie said...

P.S. TGIF !!!! How I remember that feeling - such a relief knowing that I had made it and the weekend was almost there - but 2 days never seemed enough - especially the older I got ... I had so much vacation time saved up because the pressure of projects kept me from taking time off that for the last 6 months before I retired, I arranged to take every Friday off. I still had over 4 weeks of vacation on the books when I retired.

So I feel for you - hang in there - only a couple of hours to go ....

Kristen said...

Jennifer do the cosmo's come back? Tomorrow I am getting me some zinnia seeds, you think I should just plop them in the ground?

Cheryl
It probably is a racoon family again, and Biddie, I have that game camera, good idea, I will get it set up tomorrow morning and see if I can catch whatever it is

The original lilac was from my grandparents, when they lived in our house from the 60's I guess . It was there (the lilac) when I was a kid, there were two one on the other side of the house, it got hit by a car, lighting and eveerything under the sun so we cut it down too.

I have dug up Hosta's and threw them at the edge of property and they took hold and grew so you can't kill them!

Blog Archive