Monday, April 19, 2010

The weekend has come to an end


This is the white bleeding heart that I got last year, it's getting bigger

My shady garden, lots of this came from Lori last year

Lori's wort, came back happy, I was worried about it last year, after I dug it up and moved it home, it was pretty droopy

Sunflower seeds have sprouted

This is the wood I got from my friends barn that fell down in Granby. He has so much of it but is afraid that people will get hurt coming to get it so he isn't sure what to do with it

I only worked on this for a little bit yesterday while Ray watched golf. it was either this or take a nap!

Before.....

After.... Which way to you like better?
I'll get it hung tonight hopefully. Final picture to follow. The basement is hard to take pictures and show the real color

5 comments:

Biddie said...

Your plants are looking great! I just realized a major difference in plant growth between here and in your area - because of the winter cold, a lot of your flowers sprout anew each Spring; here I done have any annuals so I don't see a lot of the sprouting like you do.

Did you say that you used tea to stain your cabinet darker? The light in the basement doesn't show it up favorably. At this point, I prefer the clear blue version.

Kristen said...

Hi Biddie
Yes our perennials are all coming back from winter dormant mode. It's fun to see it happening all over again and again and how we forget what was there.

I put wood stain over the blue paint to make it not so bright. When I get it hung up I'll take a picture, it should look better out of my dark basement.

Priscilla said...

Your friend could advertise the wood on Craig's List and say Handle at your own risk.

Cheryl said...

I like the antiqued version better, it adds character to the piece :)

Your gardens look great!

Priscilla said...

I like the gray version better.

Blog Archive