Friday, August 20, 2010

Fine feathered Friends


Ever since I made my new garden I get a ton of Finches eating at the flowers

Mr. Cardinal was watching whats going on up high trying to hide but with his color it's kind of hard not to see him

I have one Hummer that must be the mean daddy of them all, he has white on top of his head, he swarms in and chases all the others away and screetches really loud, I can't a good picture because he won't stay still, he was on the other side of the feeder and you can see him through the glass

This little girl never gets a break but she managed to get a drink for a second

This one had a longer chance to get some breakfast before being chased off

And here we have another mean daddy.

3 comments:

Biddie said...

Humming birds are a trip! I'm actually glad that they don't hang around here because of the way they fight. I've seen one knock another down to the ground and with all the cats here, the poor thing would quickly be caught.

Cheryl said...

I would guess we only have a few more weeks if that long with our little hummers. Have you noticed that the leaves are starting to change?

Priscilla said...

Love that goldfinch.

Blog Archive