Monday, September 27, 2010

Chicago Weekend

 This is the sky deck on the former Sears tower now called the Willis tower
 View from the 103rd floor was amazing
 More views from the Tower.  It took us about 2 hours to go up and come down, there was a line going both ways.
 Navy Pier view.  This was early in the morning Saturday before it got windy and the lake turned into waves like the ocean


 Navy pier has a stain glass museum inside, there were a lot from old churches
 One of the many ways you can take a tour around the lake, we didn't go on this one, we took the slow moving booze cruise

 The water tower

Old men looked pretty tired.  I always feel bad for these horses

5 comments:

Biddie said...

Hi - what a fine whirlwind trip you all had!! I bet your tailfeathers are dragging this AM!!

Those see-thru outside elevators make my heart jump - did you ride in them?

That old stained glass piece is beautiful - such intricate detail.

Hope you had a great time!!!

Kristen said...

yes I am a bit tired today for sure, that was a lot of walking. My legs and butt hurt! We took a trolly thing that we could hop on and off at certain spots and we took 2 boat rides and a few taxis but we still walked a lot.

That glass thing isn't an elevator, there are 3 glass things that jett out over the city that you can stand in, it's very weird, not for the folks that are afraid of heights, I even felt weird standing in there.

Priscilla said...

Wonderful pictures! 2,3,and 4 remind me of my visit to the Empire State Building and looking down on NYC. And you snapped the horses too; they look healthy and happy to me. That would make my stomach turn over to stand out in space in that glass cube.

Denise Rosier said...

Great pictures! Looks like a wonderful trip. I love that you and your friends take a trip together every year.

I noticed your new banner! Whiskers gets that same look on her face! LOL!

Madeleine said...

OMG the Sears tower elevator looks so scary!! xD (I have a fear of elevators and heights. rofl)

And wow those are really nice pictures!

Blog Archive