Tuesday, September 7, 2010

End of summer in NY....

Had to move the snowmobiles to make room for the dock in the shed.  Here he is driving one from the shed to the garage that is attached to the house.
The dock comes apart in sections.  This is what it looked like when we started, the lake was 5" higher because of a lot of rain so the wood slats were lifed by the water, we have them tied down with zip ties so they don't float away.  This has happened before and it costs a lot to replace the wood.  The boat stays out on a mooring when we are not at the house so it does not get bounced around on the dock.
The boat trailer.  I back it into the boat launch and Ray drives the boat up on it and I pull him out.  I have become a pretty good driver with the trailer he says!!
The marina boat launch, I am waiting fo this man to get his party boat out so I can back the truck in next so Ray can drive it up
Filthy boat bottom!!! YUK , we used to clean this but then we discovered the place that stores the boat for the winter does it for us as part of the storage.  Thank heaven, it was such a nasty job
So back to the beach to take out the dock.  We had great helpers, Kevin, Paul, Maureen and me.  It went pretty smoothly
It's all out, looks naked now and sad to me, but snowmobiling will be here soon enough!!
The trailer loaded up and going back to the shed at the house for winter storage
Ray in blue, Kevin in Green and Paul shirtless, taking the last of the dock apart to put in the trailer

No time this morning to write a long story, I'll do that later. This new blogger thing is weird too, I uploaded all my pictures then I had to go and choose them all over again.  I'll figure it out later when I have more time. off to work!  Sorry this post is kind of out of order, they changed the way blogger is ,I will take more time and do it right next time!!

5 comments:

Cheryl said...

Kind of sad thinking about the end of summer...but at least you guys have snowmobiling to look forward to :)

Biddie said...

OMG - such an enormous drill!! I have several questions for you about the whole process when you get a chance to fill in the details of what was going on.

I didn't know that you could drive a snowmobile on the grass!!!!

Kristen said...

It is sad Cheryl! But looking forward to winter fun. Snowmobiling and downhill skiing.

Biddie the snowmobiles can go on grass, they have Grass drag races up here on them! They go across open water too. The kids do it all the time!
What else did you want to know? I put up some more but you can ask me more if I didn't answer all the qeuestions.

Priscilla said...

Even the work looks like fun up there.

Priscilla said...

I don't understand why you can't leave the dock in all winter. Local ordinance?

Blog Archive