Friday, September 3, 2010

The Great Hunters

I came home and found my two ferocious kitties jumping all over in and out my garden, obviously chasing something.... Well, mister gay caballero Jethro comes up from beneath the mess of weeds and overgrown dying plants with a chipmunk hanging from his jaws. SHRIEK !!! Drop it , drop it, nope, he runs, I chase him with my one piece of mail (a bill of course) flapping at him, he stops, lays down and plunk, the chippy is flat out on his back, still breathing........ oh no, what do I do??? I slide my bill under him and hold him up so I can see him better.  No puncture wounds, he must be just tired and needs to be rejuvenated?  I talk sweetly to him and tell him my kitties are big bad guys, he shouldn't play with, shake the bill a little and his eyes start to open, he blinks,  Good Sign!! so I put the bill on the grass, shaking it a little, come on guy get up, get up.... he starts to jump all over like a jumping bean, oh no, he is hurt and his brain is damaged I think.... Well, not so fast, BAM he jumps up and runs around the house and goes into his hole.  Yay!  I hope he makes it -
I don't care for rodents but you just can't not help them darn boogers!

Have a nice weekend,I'm off to NY to take the boat and dock out of the water!

3 comments:

Biddie said...

(( laughing )) Loved your little adventure tale!! I can just see you out there trying to rescue the little chippie.

The one thing about my cats that I don't like is their drive to hunt. A couple of days ago, Cindy-Lou caught a baby squirrel and killed it - it really upset me - it also upset the squirrel colony in my trees - there were several of them up in the trees loudly scolding Cindy-Lou.

Good luck with pulling the dock - sounds like a real chore! Be sure to take pictures so we can see how it is done. Now if you lived down here, you wouldn't have to do that .....

Priscilla said...

You did A GOOD DEED, Nurse Kristen. Amusing story. I like chipmunks--they're good guys.

Cheryl said...

Good job, and good karma for you Kris :) Have you seen him since?

Blog Archive