Wednesday, December 8, 2010

New Cell phone proposed location

 To the left behind that road sign is the hunt club location that they want to put a cell phone tower.  They say it will be 140 feet back from the road and 190 feet  high
 The driveway entrance to the hunt club.   Notice they have been there since 1940?  I didn't know they were there that long.
 The road looking down to hunt club.  It is on the right side right before the road comes to an end.  Up after the road ends, there is a hiking trail (Blue Trail) where we used to ride our horses because the trail eventually leads back to our part of town which is about 5 miles from this location if you went by road
 Looking down the road again, hunt club is on the right.  Do you think a cell tower would be able to be seen?
 Another view of the road
The beginning of the road where the tower is supposed to go, up over that crest in the road and then down a hill.  I have verizon service.  At & T are the ones that want this tower because they have poor service.  My service works great.  I read somewhere that AT & T has received the most complaints about service and when we asked them at the last meeting why Verizon works and thiers does not, all they could say was they can't comment on another carrier.  Hmmmm,  maybe they just neen better equipment?  I am being bombarded by some people about supporting this tower,  I don't support or not support it really, I don't know what to do, we need service for emergencies but I don't think a tower would solve it but I don't see how it will be even seen from this location, I think AT & T just needs to beef up what they have on the other towers just like Verizon.  What do you all think?

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

I just emailed you regarding Mom's response to your email, her computer is broken unfortunately.

I never knew where that gun club was, so thanks for your tour! I would think that improving the already standing towers makes the most sense, and would be least detrimental to the surroundings.

Blog Archive