Friday, September 30, 2011

My large Norwegian Family


60 People came out for a family gathering the first Satuday we were in Norway.  I have met a handful of these folks over the years and I was just amazed at how many more relatives I have that I hadnt met yet.  They are all so very nice and I was upfront about having a hard time remembering names because there were so many and because Norwegian names are sometimes a lot different and hard for me to pronounce.  Sorry for that!  How special we felt to have everyone come out just to see us! Thank you for everything!!

Oh and see the handsome looking fella sitting next to me?  He's  the very famous Jack, see next post

4 comments:

Cheryl said...

How wonderful to have such a large family :)

Kristen said...

They are the most wonderful friendly people on earth! We had a bit of a language barrier, some folks don't like to speak english because they think they are doing it wrong but they are all very good at it, some of them hadn't spoken english in a long time and thought they forgot it but it came right back to them.

Biddie said...

What a marvelous event!! So many family members living close enough that they could come for the reunion!

Our family is scattered to the 4points of the wind ....

Were your Mother and Father born in Norway or here?

Kristen said...

My parents were both born here in the states, my Mom and Dad's fathers were both born in Norway and I saw where both of them were born, grew up and went to school or church. It was interesting to see these places and also that my family there all knows where these places are

Blog Archive