Sunday, September 23, 2007

We've Got Wood!!!


Yesterday we got our winter delivery of 3 cords, He came over with a dump truck backed up, tipped it over, took his money and said have a nice day. Now we have a lot of work to do but Ray wants it to sit out in the sun to dry out for a while since we don't look like we are getting rain anytime soon.
As I was attempting to clean up my gardens, I realized the now deceased flowers I had have turned to millions of seeds so I saved them. This made me think I should grow my own flowers, yup I have no idea how but how hard can it be?? I looked up small greenhouses on the internet and the range from $500 on up to $100's of thousands. I requested a $695 model from Ray for Christmas. He thought that was a strange request but said he would think about it.

I checked with my good friend Artie Emmons about how do you do this planting of your own seeds. He told me that some plants like Petunia's seeds, need to be kept in a brown paper bag and in the Fridge all winter and then you start the little seeds in March. SO I put my seeds in brown paper bags and in the fridge.... Oh one more thing not all seeds need to be in the cold but if some do and some don't , it will help the ones that need it and not harm the ones that don't. So it is safe to put all your seeds in the fridge.


4 comments:

Biddie said...

Good Grief!! Thank you Mr. Winter-Cord-Man!!! What a lot of wood - plenty of warm, cozy winter fires ahead, I see ....

Cheryl said...

Oh I'm envious...we have a load of wood out back~but it needs to be split. Feh!
I've wanted a greenhouse room for years...where I could store plants like the mandevilla overwinter. I can't wait to see what you get! Also, you will save tons o money if you grow your own annuals each spring!

Kristen said...

If I do end up with a greenhouse, you are always welcome to store your plants in it, or you could get one too, I am sure I will need help and you would be my first choice of asking for advice. I was hoping to get it set up in March or April.

Herb said...

Why dont you just put all your seeds in the ground and skip the bags and the fridge. They will be cold all winter and then come spring up they come....

Blog Archive