Sunday, November 30, 2008

NY Weekend, First snowfall 14 inches


My niece Kasey calling me on her cell phone, I was standing outside the window, too cold for her to come outside.

Gas price on the way home today in Mass

We ate at a place called the Bear Trap in Indian Lake, NY, the waitress said they usually have about 8-10 deer daily to get a meal, this guy showed up a bit too early so he didn't get any food but he sure waited a while before he ran back into the woods.

I took this to show Biddie (for some reason I thought of you with this quad) , one of our friends in NY owns a rental place for UHauls, snowmobiles, equipment, etc. his guys use this a lot to get around his shop yard

This is Kevin's roof, the snow just slides off and makes weird forms, I am not sure why or how it stays but most all metal roofs look about the same

This is the restaurant next to our house, it has signs not to park there for large icicles will fall on your car

Our new faux tile floor in the hallway


The new faux wood floor in the kitchen, bath and laundry room

New pellet stove in the living room, Ray had a heck of a time getting it just right, we have one in Ct house but this one is bigger and newer but harder to use

Kevin got a new garage for his snowmobiles.

There's my dirty snowmobile (maroon one). I have to get it out soon and wash it off, all the dust from the floor guy and the stone mason made a mess of the entire house and garage. I did a bunch of cleaning and THANKS Carmen and Joe. They stayed in our house a day before we got there and cleaned, what a mess.

Steve the owner from the Restaurant next door called and asked me to make this for his chef to hang above the entry door to the kitchen.
I hand painted this one because mostly I use stencils, but I didn't have a stencil that had this saying

20 comments:

Madeleine said...

Ohhh!!! I love New York!!! I LOVE going there, was it REALLY REALLY fun?!?!?! :D:D:D

Biddie said...

What a great excape from your everyday life! Seems like you all are doing some renovations to the place - going to be spiffy!!

I do like that snow mobile (quad?) with the 4 tracks - haven't ever seen any thing like that. That's quite a stable of "horses" that you have there - are you allowed to ride down the street to get to your trails?

Biddie said...

P.S. I do like the sign you made to protect the cook's territory!!!!!

Biddie said...

oops! try "escape" for "excape"

Kristen said...

It is a nice place to escape to, we slowly work on the house to fix it up, this year was probably them most expensive, there are still two rooms to paint and then I am hoping we are done!
We can ride on certain sidewalks, the trails are all marked how to get to them and sometimes there are places to cross the road.

Madeleine said...

Also...do you know where Cheryl went???

Kristen said...

Oh Cheryl.... Where are you??? I go away for the weekend and you are missing.... Where did ya go?

Madeleine said...

She left us nooo!! ALso, today is the Nutcracker on my blog

Denise Rosier said...

Wow! What a great getaway for Thanksgiving! That's a lot of snow .. I wish you could send a little of it our way.

Cheryl said...

Casey looks so pretty in that picture. The house is looking great, I don't even recognize it from the last time I was there.

I've never been good a freehanding letters on projects, my handwriting is such a scrawl. You did a really good job on the sign.

Kristen said...

Hi Denise
It was fun to see snow already, I wish sometimes I could ship it out your way!
Oh there you are Cherly, what happened? Too much Turkey?!!??!
I did free hand paint it but I printed off the saying on paper first and used carbon paper to get the basic shape on the wood so it comes out straight. Is that cheating?

Priscilla said...

Good job with the sign. I'd like to have one just like that.

Kristen said...

P. I have a smaller one if you want, I made two, first one was not as big as he wanted, so I had to do over

Priscilla said...

I'll buy it from you. Not kidding. Your time and skill have value.

Kristen said...

P, somehow get me your address and I will send it to you, it's a smaller version but looks exactly the same.

Kristen said...

P that sign I have is about 6"x19"
is that a good size for you?

Priscilla said...

Yes, it is.

I'll send my address in an email to Cheryl, and she'll give it to you, okay? (Okay, C?... Sorry I called you an old crow)

Kristen said...

Hi P. I have it ready to go , I got your mailing address, maybe tomorrow I will be able to get to the PO and send it off to you!!

Kristen said...

P~ I sent it out yesterday! Merry Christmas early!

Countryfolk Keepsakes said...

The Adirondacks are beautiful aren't they?!
You sure did pick the right time to visit with 14 inches of snow that weekend! :> )
Karin

Blog Archive