Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Tuesday nights.... have turned into crafty nights


I started this on the weekend, finished it up tonight. This is the board that I had you all guessing what it was. No one got it .... it's supposed to be an old ironing board, like down in the picture of the snowman below, but I cut my own out of a piece of wood to look like the shape of an ironing board since I didn't have one.

I made this last year from John Sliney book. I like everything he paints and his books are so easy to follow along

Carmen, painted this snowman from John Sliney book on an old childs size ironing board she bought at an auction for a small price, I think she said $4-5 , she has another that is a little bigger she is getting ready to paint a scene on kind of like mine but more busy

This is a purse size bag I got at a craft store with intentions of sewing the fabric on to be a cute bag for one of my nieces maybe

I tried making jewelry this weekend! not so sure I like it, takes a long time and I have no idea what I am doing, this is a button bracelet, it's a bit too stiff, I think I used the wrong size wire

So any how, this is what I have been up to lately!!

6 comments:

Biddie said...

I'm guessing that whoever you asked about your "ironing board" was too young to know about ironing clothes!! If you had asked an old duffer like me, I could have told you right off what shape it was ....

I really like the idea of your button bracelet - that's very interesting!! I have a friend here that does a lot of beadwork - I'm going to tell her about it. Where did you get the idea from?

Cheryl said...

That button bracelet is very cool, maybe you can wear it as an anklet if it's too stiff for your wrist?

Carmen did a great job on her snowman, and your stuff looks great too.

Kristen said...

Hi Biddie,
I saw the button bracelet in a magazine, I needed to use more flexable wire, it's a bit too stiff, and Cheryl, I made it too small to fit on an ankle. It's not so bad, I may just keep this one and make another, it was kind of like practice!!
I'll tell Carmen what you said, she is pretty good painter too, she may have a kidney stone so she didn't feel too good last night!!

Denise Rosier said...

I LOVE that picture of the old man with the bird. Love it!!..

Kristen said...

Do you want it Denise? You have to email me your address and I will send it to you. You were nice enough to mail me your CD I can pay you back with the old man!

Denise Rosier said...

Wow! Thanks Kristen!! That's so nice of you!!

Blog Archive