Sunday, August 2, 2009

It's raining again


This hummer sits here almost all day and chases all the others that come to the feeders, what a greedy little bugger, I have 3 feeders and TONS of flowers and he can't share?

Well he shared with this butterfly. This one crawled onto my hand and stayed there for a while




The bumble bees have been all over the flowers, all different sizes of bee's and they fill up thier legs and take off back to home
These pictures are from yesterday, today we are getting more rain! Is it ever going to stop???

7 comments:

Biddie said...

It's been raining like crazy here every day also - the grass keeps growing and it doesn't get a chance to dry out some so that I can mow it.

Love your little hummingbird - he has staked himself out a fine territory. I had the same problems here with one hummer keeping the others away from the feeders that I finally moved one out behind the house, completely out of sight from the one in the front yard. That seemed to help the ones lower down on the pecking list.

Priscilla said...

We have that same kind of butterfly and no other.

Denise Rosier said...

I love the little bird!!
Wow, what a great carnival! Is this the same as the blueberry festival? It looks like a lot of fun!

Cheryl said...

I've never seen a butterfly sipping from a hummer feeder before, nice shot :)

Biddie said...

So that's what it is ..... I had tried to figure out what kind of flower it was ..... duh....

Kristen said...

I thought it was strange too that the flutterby went to the bummingherd feeder too, oh dear I am talking like Bert!

Cheryl said...

Good morning :)

Blog Archive