Sunday, August 2, 2009

Hartland Carnival



Getting ready to start

Here it comes....


Here are our Hartland Firemen and women

My mom in the middle

Maureen and Caroline

Creepy clowns

Whats a parade without clowns. I don't know who started the clown thing but I think every kid afraid of them





Granby Horse Council

Cheryl's painting was a huge hit
I even got my picture taken in it, I'll have to findout who has it and show you all



And Fireworks ended the night
I was really happy to see the crowd that we had this year, it seemed more than ever

5 comments:

Biddie said...

Fantastic day!!! Love the several groups in period costumes.

Thanks for putting up a picture of Cheryl's painting - it turned out really good - love the expressions on the moose faces and the pidgeon-toed bear!!

Your mom is a fireperson? I'm impressed, for sure ...

Kristen said...

Mom used to be on the ambulance when I was a kid but then she worked full time and it got to be too much, since she retired she started helping out again, they really do need her and she goes out on calls a lot, she isn't a fireperson but a first responder which is mostly medical things, they get there before the ambulance comes because we don't have ambulance here , we have to reply on the next town over which is 8 miles away from here

Biddie said...

Please tell your mom for me that I really admire her for her work as a first responder and "You go, girl"!!

Years ago, I tried to take a course that would certify me to work on ambulances - I found that I didn't have the internal fortitude to deal with the injuries that people dealt with and dropped out of the class. So your mom is a really special person!!

Priscilla said...

Oh boy, your carnival looks like fun!

Priscilla said...

Are your horses all neurotic up there that thy need councilling?

Blog Archive