Thursday, March 18, 2010

Martha Stewart Show


This is riding on the train, we left the house at 6:45 and boarded in Hartford, I was a bit surprised that a round trip cost $85. But worth it,not having to drive in the city

When we got off in Penn Station, it was flooded with St. Patricks Day fans, I wasn't able to get a picture of the crowds, but imagine a million more of these girls running around screaming, etc!!

One of the many NYC store windows, this one was just plain weird so I am sharing!

On the set, we had front row, well not floor front row but next section, way over in the corner, it was actually nice not to have any one in front of us (leg room) The girl in the green scarf gets everyone organized

They said it can be chilly in there. NOT, we were kind of warm and no wonder, look at all the lights!!


We were right in front of her studio greenhouse!! Wow, I would love to have one of these
The view is not real by the way, a poster behind the faux windows

And here is the main part of where she does the show, There were 6 video camera and Lots and lots of crew, people to move cords, cue sheet flippers, cue sheet holders, makeup artists etc.

Going home.... We ate twice, once when we got there and once on the way home, both great places with Irish specials, I am not Irish so I went with a ceasar salad and BLT and a nice blue moon beer

The train ride home gave us a spectacular skyline with the sun setting in the back ground, I wish you could have seen in person it was really beautiful

My parting gifts!! Algae bath salts, a book on being green and I caught a box of bags from a warm up guy that gets the audience geared up and ready to go! At the end of the day, I got home at 10:30 and I have blisters on my pinky toes, but as we all know
It's a good thing!

6 comments:

Lori said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful day in NYC at the MS Show. What does she do during commercial breaks?

Kristen said...

Hi Lori
It was a LONG day. You get in line at 12:30, they corral you inside to go through security, then sign an insurance claim waiver, attorney BS paper, listen to a guy tell you how to clap properly, get corraled upstairs and put in your seat to stay put and DON't you dare get up!! Show starts at 2pm.

They play really loud music while you wait and then when it finally starts, you have to be really quiet unless they tell you to clap or say mmmmmmm when food is cooked or talked about. During commercials they clean up the area's that were used and get the next area ready and play more really loud music and they keep instructing you to clap, etc.
at the very end, she took 2 questions from folks off camera but when I watched the show the other day, the questions were on camera so maybe she only does that sometimes.

Biddie said...

Fascinating report of your trip - thanks for taking the time to get all the pictures and words up so fast!

I've often wondered how controlled the audience was for shows like this - the audience reactions always seem so perfectly coordinated.

Hope you had a great time - did you go with friends from work?

Kristen said...

Hi Biddie
I went with Pam Emmons, she and her husband own the pet store that Cheryl and I go to in Simsbury and they also live in our town. I asked her because her boss gave her the time off (LOL) and she knows NYC very well, she used to go there a lot when she was young. We had a great time, it was fun to eat at the pubs since it was St Patty day and the people watching was so funny, we went into macy's but too crowded and then the fire alarm went off so we left.

Priscilla said...

Ooh what a nice time you had. That's a unique experience. All that technology to make it look as if you're just watching your neighbor cook or garden. Did she talk with the audience? Do you know when it will be on TV? I agree, the people watching in NYC is one of the best parts. Did you take any more pix?

Kristen said...

Hi P
April 19th it will be on TV. She took 2 questions at the end, that's it, she went off stage right after that. I took a couple more pictures but they were not very good, I did video part of the train ride, when I have more time I will put up a link

Blog Archive