Saturday, March 6, 2010

My Dad


Facebook is so popular these days and so much fun to talk to people you would not see otherwise because they have moved away, etc. This picture is my Dad on the left, Eileen Mele in the middle and her brother Fritz Sindland on the right.
My Dad's parents and these kids parents were good friends. The kids of these folks are all friends and we talk on Facebook a lot and exchange pictures. This is from Ronnie Mele, Eileen's eldest son, I had never seen it before and I gave a copy of it to Fritz's wife last night. Sadly, my Dad and Eileen are no longer with us but Fritz is, I hope he was happy to get a copy of this picture last night.

3 comments:

Biddie said...

This a great old picture ... and such a nice paragraph that you wrote about all the connections the different generations have!

Do you have an estimate as to what year this picture was taken?

I was disappointed at first that facebook was pulling all the people that used to come to our blogs away to it. At first, I didn't get the attraction and I didn't like the logical paths it takes and ALL the ADs. But I'm 'getting it' now - facebook does all the setup - you don't have to like you do with our blogs. It is truly a quick-n-easy networking place - especially useful if you are very out-going and socially active ....

Kristen said...

I am guessing but my Dad was born in 1940, so he looks to be about 5 here, what do you think?

I know Facebook is becoming a bit addicting but I try to do both blog and facebook because I like all my friends on both venues. I have a link on my FB to get to my blog and I think some of my Norway relatives got there from it, so I like it in that sense. BUT as Cheryl mentioned, Blogging is a bit more personal and I think we have a great bunch of blogging friends here that will keep it going.

Maureen said...

Hi, just the old bear coming out of hibernation.

Blog Archive