Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Corey Update

We went to an orthopedic yesterday, they took another xray and decided to put a hook on the cast and then a neck sling to hold the arm rather than an elbow sling so it hangs better (kind of like a saxophone neck holder) He said he felt like a dog with that around his neck.

Then they decided to have the cast go up a bit higher on his arm so when they went to do that, they had to sort of twist his arm outwards and it hurt really bad, I had to hold his other hand per DR. instructions and Corey yelled at me to let go, I wouldn't so he kicked me in the legs, so his Dad had to hold the feet down. After about 3 minutes of this, they were done and he was hurting pretty bad so they gave us new perscription for codene and valium (in liquid form) and he went home to Dad's house to chill on the couch and rest.

I will pick him up on my way home from work to come to our house and get some updated pictures to post later. I feel really bad for him since his summer fun is over now, no more motorcycle, bikes, jet ski, boating, waterskiing, swimming, etc.

1 comment:

Biddie said...

Oh man - that's terrible! Can't he even just sit in a boat and go for a boat ride or at least go wading in the water?

Did they have to move the bone back in place?

This was a much more serious break than his first one?

Poor guy and I feel for you also!!

Blog Archive