Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Dreary Day


This is the pair of Red winged blackbirds over at the pond that hate me so much

I grew these from seeds, can't remember what they are but they have these little tentacles that attach to the sticks

Cosmo's I grew from seeds, doing well so far

This is a store bought Lupin........

This is my homegrown Lupin.....

The birds spill so much seed, I think I am going to have a lot of sunflowers in the garden and I didn't even have to do any work!

The NY peonies, I think this is the most flower buds I have ever gotten so far, it has taken a long time for them to get used to CT

Dogwood tree in our yard. Well I think it's a dogwood

The BIG allium opened up finally

I have 2 pots of these Dahlia's that I grew from seeds.

All the green here except the roses I grew from seeds, the bigest ones are the batchelor buttons

This is the new garden area that I have filled in a little with store bought plants and mostly my seeds. I didn't realize 7 trays of seeds was so much, I don't want to do that ever again

The rain squashed my poppy

11 comments:

Cheryl said...

I think those seedlings with tentacles are sweet peas maybe?
I find it hard to believe that the blackbirds hate you..
Yes..your alliums are MUCH bigger than mine...

Kristen said...

Oh yeah I did plant sweet peas, you could be right. The blackbirds hate me because I walk over to Jimmy's pond to see if there is anything fun going on and it usually just them building a nest and I am pissing them off in their territory.
Well that one Allium is a GIANT one, the others are medium size, I am not sure what size you got, are the leaves huge? if so they are the giant ones, if they are skinny, then not

Cheryl said...

Do you remember if your allium was named "Globemaster"? How tall is it?
Mine has to be a different type, it's about a foot tall.
Did the geese come back to Jimmy's pond?

Kristen said...

yea thats it, Globemaster are the big ones. He has had quite a different variety of ducks this year and just the other day two canada geese were there with 3 or 4 ducklings, hee hee, he hates them but he won't do any harm to them because of the babies!

Biddie said...

I love the leaf pattern in the lupines. Hope the poppy flowers can stand back up after they dry out. Do you have some of those little support wires?

I'm amazed that your dogwood is just now blooming - the ones over at Possum Hollow bloomed back in March - I wish that their blooms could last longer than a week or so ....

You all get such an explosion of growth and blooms - here there is such a long growing season that flowers seem to be lazy and pick their time to bloom. You can always find something blooming here and there but not the mass of color that you all have.

Denise Rosier said...

Wow, look at those seedlings! How big will those get this summer?

For example, that Lupin .. it won't bloom this year, right? But how big will it get?

I have Foxglove seedlings that are growing like gangbusters. On the other hand, I can't get coneflowers to sprout at all .. not even a peep ..

Cheryl said...

Too bad you're so far away Denise...the coneflower is taking over my garden almost as bad as the beebalm & phlox. I wish I could dig you up some.

Kristen said...

Oh Don't ask me!!! I'll keep you posted, this is my first time with planting my own seeds!

Cheryl said...

Rain rain go away....

:P

Denise Rosier said...

Thanks, Cheryl! I have a few plants I wish I could share with you guys, too! You and Kristen are in my thoughts during my gardening adventures for sure!

I can't believe your coneflowers are so prolific! I finally broke down and purchased a full grown coneflower and it's not doing well. So much for my vision of a field of coneflowers. I'll just enjoy yours! :o)

Priscilla said...

White-flowering tree may be a khousa dogwood.

Great pictures.

Blog Archive