Saturday, May 16, 2009

Ta Dah!!


Cheryl and I happened to run into each other in the center of town this afternoon near the triangle they have been working on, so we took a little stroll....


One of our fine town folk who died a while back. Her two daughters grew up with me and she and I shared the same birthday as a matter of fact

This is where that black squirrel was having dinner, doesn't it look nice?

Ouch! Those shrubs were overgrown so Cheryl took a wacking to them and got a bit of a wacking back it seems


The weed pile

A bit more work to be done but it will be a drastic improvement to what was there for sure. Thank you girls for taking such good care of our town center green
We all appreciate the beauty when we drive by it every day :)

9 comments:

Madeleine said...

That place is so pretty. I bet it smells good...

Biddie said...

Wow - it's really coming along! I can see Cheryl's tidy style in the flower beds. You all are putting in a lot of work - I bet the town folk all appreciate it - I brt they harbor a secret feeling of guit that they themselves didn't get out there to work on it.

I hope Cheryl's arm doesn't bother her much

Biddie said...

eeps == I meant "bet" for "brt"

Kristen said...

The town folk are funny here, they don't appreciate much unless it benefits themselves, well I take that back,not everyone, but there are some that just expect things.
They are doing something no one has time or expertise to do and I appreciate it a lot. It looks awesome!

Kristen said...

Biddie were you drinking wine?

I am!!!

Biddie said...

double eeps == I meant "guilt" for "guit"

Looks like I'm having alsheimers of the finger tips tonight.

You are working - I meant the people that sit around doing nothing all day .... I think it is fine that Cheryl and Maureen are making it happen!

(( laughing )) not wine but a can of beer ....

Kristen said...

Ha ha, I always tell Cheryl I am not responsible for waht I write after 9 pm! have a nice night I am off to bed!

Cheryl said...

Both Maureen and I have talked about how it actually makes us feel good to be working on it, and it is doing something we both love :)

Gack you need to get that buffalo off of the green...you'd think I'd lose some weight working so hard!!

Kristen said...

Buffalo? That black squirrel ate so much seed, he turned into a buffalo?
Come on now, you are not fat!

Blog Archive