Sunday, July 19, 2009

Ho Hum Sunday..... Not!

So Ray cooked me Sunday breakfast which is basically just a pound of bacon we share...We heard this huge clunk next door and I said hey something is going on, he says Nah.... After that, we were sitting on the couch waiting for some humming birds to come to the feeders, I put them all outside the window near the couch so we can enjoy seeing them, WELL, I look up the road and I said, hey there's a bear.....



We ran out side and our neighbors were just walking behind it with the dogs and the bear just kept on going like he had been there a hundred times before, the dogs were barking, and all the neighbors dogs were barking, he didn't care

So here is Mr, Persnikity red squirrel

And a better shot of the hummers that come to visit, I get about 4 that I can count
They are getting a little more used to me now

I went to Walmart today and the plants were on sale so I picked up some shady stuff for the garden by the road


The Chickadee's are living in here with the babies

Feeding them lots of bugs

5 comments:

Maureen said...

This whole bear thing is getting kinda scary. Isn't it cool to watch the chickadee parents feeding the babies. Ours grew up and flew away a few days ago, but the parents would let Caroline and I sit on the bench or the grass and would still come back and forth feeding the babies.

Kristen said...

I think the bears are neat but jeez 9:00 am , just sauntering down the middle of the road??
My chickadee parents do not like Harley, he sits around the yard and they come flying over and perch on my shepard hooks as if to tell me to get him out of here!
The babies are still in there, I am not sure how much longer but I can't see them either

Priscilla said...

A bear just walking around like a Sunday stroller! That's so strange. Around here if that happened there'd be TV crews from the city and Jeraldo with his mustache shouting, etc.

Cheryl said...

Oh hell, that's not good for the bear that he's getting so acclimated to people and dogs. It never ends well for the wild animal, and people should be trying to discourage his comfort level. It's almost inevitable that there will be an unfortunate encounter.

Oops, sorry, went off on a little rant there...anyway, the chickadee shot is fantastic, I like his/her little birdy feet :)

Biddie said...

I'm amazed that the bear was out so casually like that. But I'm more amazed that those people would follow the bear with the dogs - that bear could have easily turned on them and torn both the dogs and the people to ribbons - not a smart thing for them to do at all!

Blog Archive