Sunday, July 26, 2009

New York weekend



I did a really poor job of taking this picture but that black thing is really a loon, they are so quick to dive under the water it's hard to get good pictures of them


Our friend Jeremiah asked us to breakfast Saturday morning, he took us to this B & B he knows about, how nice it was hidden in the woods on this lake, it reminded me of that movie Dirty Dancing. They had a really nice beach down the hill from the buildings and old tennis courts. I didn't take too many pictures and can't even remember the name, I'll find out and post a link if they have one later.

2 comments:

Priscilla said...

Your mention of a loon made me think of the movie "On Golden Pond" with Henry Fonda. Wonderful flik.

The Inn seems like a great getaway place from the picturess on their site. Wow, $55 for a single is better than some Holiday Inns!

Biddie said...

Oh wow - the calls of the loons!! This takes me back to my 5 summers in northern Ontario when I was 14 - 18 years old. At dusk, when the wind settled down and the daytime noises off the land and lake went away, the sounds of the loons out on the lake did something to my soul. Between their laughing sounds and that high-pitched, drawn-out call that pierced the growing night, I became forever a child of the wild .....

Blog Archive