Sunday, April 22, 2007

I have wood peckers



Yesterday while doing yard work I had two wood peckers outside each trying to out do the other it seemed. I never realized that they had done a number on a couple trees in my yard. This tree is dead in my garden, I was thinking it was time to take it down but after I saw all these holes in it, I will leave it there, the more holes the better, I love seeing trees in the woods like this and I love having the noisy peckers come to my yard, I'll try not to answer the door any more when I think some one is knocking on it!

5 comments:

Cheryl said...

You get a ribbon for being a good person! Yesterday morning, I listened to 4 of them going to town, it was funny, it was like they'd take turns hammering away.

Maureen said...

By the looks of those holes, they are making a nest. Do you know what kind of pecker you have? TEE HEE HEE - I just made myself laugh. Anyway, when giving nature walks in the park in FL, one of the stopping points was a piliated woodpecker nest and towards the middle of summer we could usually see fuzzy baby woodpeckers poking their heads out. OK, I either have sunstroke or am just way too tired as this post is just not coming out right - see there I go again.
It was good to see you again today. I forgot how everyone kinda hibernates up here and you don't see them until the weather gets nice again.

Kristen said...

I have a big pecker, oops not really they are little ones, I have seen a pileated one up here in these parts but not at my house. I think they have just poked so many holes they moved on to another tree. It is squeshy We all have to get together more often so we don't forget what we look like. Your daughter is really cute! Ray say's Hi

Cheryl said...

Uh, what the hell does "squeshy" mean? And both of you should be ashamed...all this talk about peckers, great googly moogly!

Cheryl said...

I'm off to go stack some wood....Ha!

Blog Archive