Friday, May 14, 2010

Another week almost done..


I have babies in the birdhouse, ma and pa Chickadee are very busy flying in and out of the house, going back and forth to my birdfeeders too so I feel pretty good about still having some seed left for them

I found a way to stop the ants from getting to my hummingbird feeder. Yesterday I must have had a couple hundred going up and down the pole (at least they are not inside my house anymore) Any how, I wrapped duct tape backwards around the pole near the ground, and guess what, they either turned around or got stuck and died

Alium getting ready to burst open

Name this tree?


I just love 5 o'clock on Friday when I get in my car and drive home. Have a great Friday everyone!

5 comments:

Biddie said...

Your tape idea is really fine!! I have the same problem here - only the ants crawl down the bungee cord from the tree branch where I have the humming bird feeders. A little tape around that bungee cord will do the trick!!

See you have more bloomers that survived your recent unexpected cold weather.

Cheryl said...

You can pick up an Ant Guard or a little cup thing they sell at the hardware store. You fill the cup with water & hang the feeder below it and the ants won't swim across it. Clever idea though!
I sure wish the wasps would move out of my birdhouses, I would love to have some birds nesting in them instead.

Priscilla said...

Wild black cherry tree?

Kristen said...

P I think you are right about the tree, it looks exactly like that when I searched on the internet. Good Job!!

Jennifer MacNeill said...

Those pansies are divine! Wish I could name that plant but I have one too and I have no clue.

Blog Archive