Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Not much happening today.....


Something is living under our shed, it dug out a hole on one side, now the other side is also dug, it must need two ways to get in and out? I am afraid it may be a skunk and therefore staying away from it, I tried looking under there but I got scared....

This is why I have dirty foot prints on my car all the time

Stretching out on the warm concrete.

This guy was walking through our grass this morning slowly, I was able to get right next to him within 12 inches, I thought something was wrong because he kept turning his head as if to follow my movements with just this side of him, so I went around the tree and could tell why, he is missing an eye

So now I feel sorry for him, I always got so darn mad at those squirrels taking all my bird seed and went to get that special feeder that doesn't let them get to the food, I may have to spread some of that squirrel corn food out in the yard for this one.

7 comments:

Cheryl said...

You'd be surprised at how resilient those little varmints are, I wouldn't worry too much over him. Aside from the eye he looks pretty healthy.

Do you want to borrow our Havaheart trap for your shed critter?

Kristen said...

I may borrow your's or just wait and see if I can figure out what it is first, if it is a skunk, I don't really want to catch it, I am going to get some moth ball flakes tonight, skunks don't like the smell
Thanks for the offer, Linny said he had 3 foxes under his shed, maybe they moved over to our house, my mom has one in her yard too.

Priscilla said...

Somebody told me foxes can smell like skunks, so if there is a skunk smell you may not have a skunk.

Biddie said...

I was going to mention giving a careful smell test by one of the little tunnels but I didn't know that a fox den could smell bad also ....

It would be fun to set up a game camera with a motion detector on it to see what you had.

Kristen said...

I wish I had one of those game camera's. The cleome flowers kind of smell like skunk too so it's really hard to tell. My sisters cat went missing last week and hasn't returned.

Cheryl said...

Where in your mom's yard is the fox living?

Kristen said...

I am not sure if it lives there but she sees a fox sitting on the old stone wall near the woods, which is where her cat is always hunting vermits. She and scott told me last night there is a huge bear wandering around our block almost daily! I have not seen it of course

Blog Archive